Dibbs wins Collectech Award in New Technology, Digital Collectibles
The physical-backed digital collectibles market is growing rapidly, driven by blockchain technology (i.e., tokenization-as-a-service), growing interest in establishing trust in the industry, and increasing interest from fans.
The Collectech Summit is an annual event that brings together industry leaders from across the collectibles space, including trading cards, sneakers, and NFTs. The summit is a chance for these leaders to share their insights and best practices, and to network with each other. It is also a chance for attendees to learn about the latest trends and developments in the collectibles industry.
Subscribe to get our best content in your inbox
By clicking “Submit” you agree to Dibbs
consent to Dibbs using your contact data for newsletter purposes.
The Inaugural Summit
The Collectech Summit was founded in 2023 by Neustreet, a data and media platform for collectibles. Neustreet's mission is to "connect the world of collectibles" by providing a platform for collectors, dealers, and investors to share information and transact.
The first Collectech Summit was held in May 2023 in Fort Worth, Texas. The event was a success, with over 500 attendees from all over the world. The second Collectech Summit will be held in May 2024 in Los Angeles, California.
Neustreet's 1st Annual Collectech Awards
In Neustreet's 1st Annual Collectech Awards, Dibbs was awarded “New Technology” in the Digital Collectibles/NFTs category. We are honored to have this recognition for our TaaS (Tokenization-as-a-Service) solution, which we hope will serve the physical-backed digital collectible space for a years to come. We are grateful to Neustreet for recognizing Dibbs as the best new technology in the digital collectibles/NFTs space.
The Digital Collectibles/NFTs Industry
The digital collectibles/NFTs industry is still in its early stages, but it is growing rapidly. A recent report predicted the market cap for the NFT industry could reach $231 billion by 2030.
There are a number of factors driving the growth of the NFT market, including:
- The rise of blockchain technology, which makes it possible to create and track digital assets in a secure and transparent way.
- The growing popularity of cryptocurrencies, which are used to buy and sell NFTs.
- The increasing interest in digital collectibles from both collectors and investors. For instance, there has been an ~$84B investment in web3 (which includes digital collectibles/NFT technology) companies since 2019.
- The NFT market is still largely unregulated, but there are a number of companies that are working to develop standards and best practices for the industry. As the market continues to grow, it is likely that we will see more regulation and oversight. Read our comic book to learn more about how we are establishing trust in web3.
Here are some of the key trends that are shaping the digital collectibles/NFTs industry:
- The growth of gaming NFTs: Gaming NFTs are digital assets that are used in video games. They can be anything from virtual weapons and clothing to entire characters. The popularity of gaming NFTs is growing rapidly, as gamers are looking for new ways to customize their characters and experiences.
- The rise of sports NFTs: Sports NFTs are digital assets that represent real-world sports collectibles. They can be anything from trading cards to video highlights. The popularity of sports NFTs is growing rapidly, as fans are looking for new ways to collect and commemorate their favorite teams and players.
- The expansion into other categories: NFTs are not just limited to gaming and sports. They are being used to represent a wide variety of other physical or tangible items of value, including art, music, and even real estate. As the NFT market continues to grow, we are likely to see even more categories of physical-backed digital collectibles emerge.
With the continued growth of blockchain technology and the increasing interest in digital collectibles, the NFT market is poised for even more growth in the years to come.
If you are interested in the collectibles space, we encourage you to attend future Collectech Summits. It is a great opportunity to learn about cutting-edge trends and developments in the collectibles industry, and to network with other collectors, dealers, and investors.
Nila Lê is the Senior Content Manager at Dibbs. Nila's PC is comprised of Pokémon TCG, NBA and WNBA cards, as well as pop culture NFTs.